Assistant Accountant (fixed term)
Finance & Accounting
The Assistant Accountant is designated to support the Finance functions within PDi.
This role is a fixed term contract for 6 months.
- General knowledge of project management and project administration
- Acquainted in Legislation and Standards as relevant for the area of responsibility.
- Have a strong understanding of AP/AR/treasury.
- Have excellent IT skills - advanced Excel experience (pivots, vlookups etc) is a pre-requisite, knowledge of Navision would be desirable.
- Be a dynamic and ambitious individual who is keen to progress their career - the role may suit someone who has worked in general practice looking to move into industry for the first time.
- Have previous experience of preparing and reviewing management accounts.
- Have previous experience working in an SME environment would be desirable.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise in a fast-paced, dynamically changing environment
- Strong communication skills verbal and written and ability to work and interact with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a continuously evolving environment.
- Ability to work independently.
The role may suit someone part qualified or with a college or university qualification.
The main responsibility of this position includes:
- Supervising and coordinating the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, taking a “hands-on” approach as and when required.
- Monitoring payroll and liaising with payroll bureau as required to ensure accuracy.
- Managing inputs required for production of Management Accounts & Management Reporting Pack.
- Manage Credit control, producing AR reports and cash flow forecasts for submission to Group.
- Support and liaise with 3rd parties for preparation of company audited accounts and determination of tax liabilities (corporation, PAYE, VAT).
- Support and liaise with 3rd party providers/administrators of employee benefit schemes.
- Ad hoc accounts duties as required.
- Some travel to other offices within the organisation may be required.
To apply for this position please submit your CV and cover letter including Assistant Accountant (fixed term) as the reference.